Monday, August 25, 2008

Where do I start?

I want to share what we did on our trip but where do I begin? lol It was an 11 day trip and I have too much stuff to cram it all in one post. I also don't want to drag it on for too long and bore the crap out of everyone!


I guess I'll just play it by ear and post as I think of things while going through pics. Which could take forever and a day.


Official trip photo count: 973


Only 27 less than what I predicted.


My daughter took about 300 on her new camera.


I had the idea before leaving to take some shots at each of our destinations from the point of view of our feet. Call me weird but I like photos of feet or of people that don't necessarily include the face. I saw a couple other photos in different places that gave me the idea.


Well, it didn't quite go as I'd hoped. I started out a little overboard and took a lot. Then as the week went on it dwindled down to taking none the last few days. I wanted them to be unique and for you to be able to see something that indicated where we were. That was more challenging than I expected I guess. Plus, I don't know about other photographers but my family can be quite impatient with my picture taking sometimes. There have been many times where I've wanted to take more but have felt rushed to move on to something else.


I was going to put together a slide show but I'm not too happy with my results so you will all be spared. I will post this one family portrait of sorts though from the night we arrived.


From the bottom middle going clockwise is me(brown shoes), Skowt, Tiger, my mom, her brother (my uncle), his girlfriend, my aunt (mom's sister), her dog Smitty and my mom's cousin.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you are back Lynn! We missed ya! That is a neat pic of all the feet, I like that.

Do me a favor....on the Rick cruise, get a pic of his bare feet and I'll pay you for it, I've been dying to see his nekkid feet for ages....hahaha!

Aim said...

I love that the dog got in the photo too. Kind of like ours.

Just Lisa said...

That's so cute! I love how the dog has its little paw in there, too!