Friday, August 3, 2007

Summer movies

Went to see Ratatouille with my kids, my mom, my niece, and brother yesterday afternoon. Wasn't my first choice for a movie to see but it was the only one we could agree on that was also appropriate for my 8 year old daughter and 7 year old niece. I usually like the animated kids movies anyway. This one was OK, wouldn't add it to my favorites list. But at least now I know what Ratatouille is!! A french stewed vegetable dish.........made by rats (well in the movie).

My choices for movies to see this summer (though I know I won't see them all and will end up putting them on my netflix list when they come to DVD):
Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix This is my number one choice. I've seen all the others and read all the books and I can't believe it's been out for 3 weeks now and I haven't gone yet. Been way too busy.
I'm in the process of re-reading all the books right now because I wanted to refresh my memory on everything before I read the last book. My mom is currently reading it and will be finished way before I'm ready. I am only on book 4 right now. I better get a move on!! I know she is dying to tell me some stuff that has happened and I've been trying not to read any reviews on the new book.

License to Wed I absolutely love John Krasinski from the Office so I really want to see this one, even if only to check him out!

Hairspray I just wanna see John Travolta in drag! I did hear the movie was good though, we'll see.

And the two that aren't really in theaters anymore, except a few value cinemas that are not very close to us,
Pirates: At Worlds End I know it's a really long one, but I've seen all the others and wanted to continue.
Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer For some reason I like the first one, not sure why so was interested in this one too.

No comments: