Monday, August 27, 2007

One more week!

That's when the kids go back to school. WooHoo! But really, I don't know if I'm more excited or nervous.

Excited because they will be back on a more regular routine and out of my hair for a few hours a day....some quiet time for me! I'll be able to get out and work a little more. Not that I love my job but it gets me out of the house and the extra spending money is nice. They won't be here constantly bickering about EVERYTHING! And driving me bonkers! I know it was just a few short months ago that I was looking forward to them being out of school, so we could sleep late and spend more time together. That changed fairly quickly.......it's a vicious circle.

Nervous because my older daughter will be going back to school for the first time after being diagnosed with diabetes. I'll constantly be worrying about her and hows she's doing. Also because my younger daughter ended up with the toughest teacher in 3rd grade, after having the complete opposite in 2nd grade. I was worried enough as it was that she'd be behind the other kids, now more so! Who knows maybe that toughness and structure will be good for her. She can be a handful!

No comments: