Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Frog Art

While in college I took an art class.  I really have no idea why because I am so not artistic!  I can't draw to save my life!  I'm sure it was just because I needed some credits. 

There was one project I did that I was kind of proud of and always liked.  Recently I've been wondering what happened to it because I haven't seen it since we moved into this house 11 years ago.  I could have sworn I had given it to my mom but she had the few other things out that I had given her.  I was bragging to my kids about how cool it was.

But last week while searching for the childhood toy I was going to use for my project 52 photo I found it!  



The assignment was to find an animal that we could "recreate" with our hand.  We held our hand in the position we wanted and dipped it in wax to make a mold, then filled it with plaster.  After it hardened we painted it to look like our animal. 

Mine kinda looks like a frog, doesn't it?  



1 comment:

Amy said...

It came out great. Especially the painting.

I have no artistic talent whatsoever.