Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Here comes the bride

Less than a week until my cousin's wedding.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  Excited for him starting this new part of his life and being able to attend the wedding and see family we don't see all that often.  Nervous because I'm doing photos for them.  I'll be one of two photographers that day.  Please pray that the rain in the forecast stays away!

I haven't been to a wedding in just about 11 years!  It was my brother's and I photographed his also to save them some money.  That was when I was still using a film camera!

It got me thinking about weddings I've been to. I really haven't been to all that many weddings in my lifetime.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!  Kinda makes me feel like I have no friends! 

I've stood up in three weddings.

The first is my aunt's in October of 1977. 





Then it wasn't until 1990 that I got another chance!  I stood up in my cousin's wedding, the one I'm pictured with above!  I'm pretty sure I have a photo of just the two of us...I can picture it in my head.  But I'm not sure where it is and I don't have the time to look for it right now so you'll have to settle for this one.



In case you are wondering......yes, I do have a banana clip in my hair!!

And last was my BFF at the time in October 1993.  I can't find one of just her and I either so you get me and hubby!  Nice glasses!




I was rummaging through a box to find a couple pics and realized I still have that dang bow from my hair!  I stood up with one of the groom's friends who I could not stand and who couldn't stand me.  I've always wondered about that and if they put us together on purpose because of that or if they truely had no clue that we didn't like each other.  I was afraid to ask her at the time because I didn't want to upset her while planning the wedding or even shortly after....making her think she made a mistake.  Now I'd really like to know.    Unfortunately we don't really keep in contact anymore :(

Then of course, hubby and I on our wedding day...


 

So what about you all?  Have you been to many weddings, stood up in any?  Care to share embarassing photos of yourself like I just did?

I won't be around much the next few weeks because of the wedding and spending time with family but I do eventually plan to share some pics.  If not here then on my photoblog.



3 comments:

Aim said...

i'm going to look for pix! I don't have a lot. I've only been in a couple of weddings but I'll see what I can find.

Amy said...

Ok, you've inspired me for a post...not sure how the heck long it would take me to get it together, but someday!

I love the photos! :D

alicia said...

Good luck being the photographer. Are you going to share your work?