Thursday, June 18, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Current Read

I'm playing along again with Mama Kat's workshop. I can't think today so I'm picking the easy one!

1.) Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

I had my daughter randomly open my book and pick a page. Since I just started this book and am only one chapter in this will be a little teaser for me too.

"I like to shower," he said, pointing to the clear shower stall in the corner. It was big enough for two grownups and maybe a dwarf or two.

Hmm. That sounds like it could be....um...interesting! lol
It's from the book Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris which is now the HBO series True Blood. Yup, another vampire story. A friend was talking about the series on facebook a few months ago and I had to go find me a copy.




4 comments:

Aim said...

I didn't know True Blood was based on a book. I might have to check that out for vacation.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's. That does sound interesting.

Amy said...

I just put TRUE BLOOD in my Netflix queue. I can't wait to watch it.

MIITB said...

I.Love.True.Blood and the books tend to be 10x better, is that true in this case?
Visiting from SITS