Friday, January 30, 2009

Flashback Friday: Meeting hubby

I started Flashback Friday back in October with the intent of doing it weekly but somehow it only lasted a month. I was thinking about it at work today and decided to start it back up.

Today, since it's only a couple days away from the anniversary of our first date, I'll share the not so exciting story of how I met hubby.

It was our senior year in high school, September 1986. My best friend at the time and his best friend at the time were both working at Kmart and started dating. She helped me get a job there about a week after his friend helped him get a job there. I saw him around for a few weeks, she told me he was her boyfriend's best friend. I was like "yeah, whatever".

Her and I went to a different school than they did. We had free hour at the same time so would spend it in the school snack bar goofing off and chatting. One day she started saying that him and I should go out. I didn't want to. Had no interest in him. In fact, really didn't like him so much. She kept on me about it for weeks but I wasn't interested.

Until..............he went out on a couple dates with another girl that work there too. What? He's going out with her? Why? What does he see in her? That's when my interest started and we both kinda started flirting with each other. I remember him coming into the department I worked one night and he had some scissors in his hand and he threatened to cut my hair!
I worked in layaway which was at the back of the store. You had to go past it to get to the break room. I started noticing when he'd go on break and conveniently started having to go to the bathroom or get something out of my locker during that time.

My friend finally got us to go out for pizza together with her and her bf. He asked me out after that and on February 3, 1987 we went on our first "official" date. He took me to Red Lobster for dinner and then we went to see Critical Condition with Richard Pryor.

Here is probably one of the first pictures of us together. Taken a couple weeks after we started dating before the Senior Formal dance at my school.



Dig those coke bottle glasses!! Was trying to figure out what my dad was watching in the background but it's too small.




3 comments:

Amy said...

That is so sweet :) Happy date anniversary!

Aim said...

cute story and great photo. I think I had that same dress in pink!

Anonymous said...

Love this! But how is it you don't seem to age a bit?! You still look the same!