Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Concert 1 of 3 THE POLICE

Wrigley Field, 7-6-07

First off, I need to brush up on some Police music. I guess I should have done that before the show! I didn't realize how many songs I didn't know. They started with 'Message in a Bottle' then 'Synchronicity' (I think) and then quite a few I didn't recognize. I felt quite strange because it seemed like everyone else did and were singing along! I'm such a dork. Luckily the second half was much better and I felt a little more in touch.

When we first arrived our seats didn't seem half bad. Then they came out. If it wasn't for the 2 big screens on either side of the stage and the 3 right above their heads in the middle alternating shots of each of them, I wouldn't have been able to tell you that was Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland up there!! The stage was set up out over the center field bleachers. There were seats set up on the field but ours were in the stands about 8-10 rows back on the 1st base side. The place was PACKED!! Even some bleachers on building surrounding the stadium were full.

Of course I was lost without my camera! So here's me trying to get some kind of picture on my camera phone to remember the night. Took a few of the view before the show and one of hubby and I. Here's one I took during 'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic'. They had a red lighting pattern going on......


Here it just looks like Wrigley Field is on Fire!! lol I can take good photos, really I can. Seriously, it was a great concert. They still Rock! Though for some reason they were a little slow on the tempo of 'Don't Stand So Close to Me', but other than that it was awesome. Sting still looks great, has a couple nice guns and still has quite a set of lungs. I'm so glad we got the chance to go!

No comments: