Friday, July 27, 2007

My head is spinning

It's been quite a couple of weeks! We went away for a nice vacation to visit with family and came back with a child newly diagnosed with diabetes. Yup, she ended up in the hospital while out of state. Needless to say, the past couple weeks have been kind of a blur. We've been bombarded with so much information and have had to purchase so many supplies I just feel like I'm going to explode! I was in shock when we first found out. I've since come to accept (I think) the fact that she is going to have to live with this the rest of her life. I know she will be fine and we are getting her blood sugar levels under control. But just like any other parent you hate to see anything like this happen to your "baby". It's been quite overwhelming but I'm sure before we know it, it will be old habit and we won't have to think twice about testing her blood sugar and giving insulin shots.

Because of all this, I have tons of other stuff just piling up waiting to get done. I'm slowing starting to dig my way out of this pile. I've been back from our trip for a week now and I have yet to download the pics I took on to the computer. That is so unlike me! We didn't get to go to a few of the places we'd planned, like Mount St. Helens or up to Anacortes for whale watching, but maybe next time. That is one thing I've been wanting to do for a while now and is on my "list". We did make it to Northwest Trek and Mount Rainier and from what I can see on my LCD I hopefully got some good shots and will share soon.

I also got to meet a couple online friends for breakfast one day. That was nice!

I better get moving, have stuff planned for tonight......it even took me a couple hours just to type this up, I've been interupted so many times!

Later~

No comments: