Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's raining, It's pouring......


Photobucket






Today's Table Topic's Tuesday on Shannon's blog is:

What is the best way to spend a rainy day?

I usually don't mind a rainy day, unless it gets out of hand and rains for a week straight! I can also do without any lightning and thunder!

My daughter will tell you the best thing to do on a rainy day is go out and look for worms. I can live without that too. But I don't mind watching it rain. Especially if it's a slow, calm rain. It can be relaxing to sit out on the porch on a warm night and watch and listen to the sounds of the rain.

Otherwise, I just like to sleep in on a rainy day. Lounge on the couch reading a book or watching TV. Maybe play a game with the kids or do a puzzle. I always seem to associate doing puzzles with rainy, dreary weather. I remember doing puzzles with my mom and brother on dreary days when we first moved to Wisconsin as a preteen and we didn't know anyone yet.

What about you? What do you like to do on a rainy day?



4 comments:

Amy said...

I am with you on all those things, if I don't have to get out in it, I don't have a problem with it. I hate to get wet!

Shannon said...

Ew, worms!

I don't mind thunder... well, not those big claps of thunder. But I do like to hear it rumble.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Warm night, on the porch listening to it...yeah and the scent of it, sigh....

Brandy said...

I'll pass on the worms but take some of that sleep you're talking about.