Saturday, August 22, 2009

Busy, Busy

The past couple weeks have been a bit crazy! Usually the summer months are pretty quiet around here, but with my daughter starting high school that has changed. I can't wait until they go back..........one week from Tuesday! Didn't I just say I couldn't wait until school was out for the summer?

I've been running them around to tennis lessons, tennis practice for the HS team, band practice, cheer leading practice, school registrations, uniform fittings, team photos. Going to multiple parent meetings for all this and working 30 hours a week in between all that! I haven't had the time, energy or motivation to do much else never mind blog about it!

This year they'll both be gone by 7:30am. Time to myself while they are at school is looking mighty good right now!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Lynn. Last time I commented it was about how "lost" we were feeling. My kids started school last week and for the first time I have 2 1/2 hours every afternoon alone (next year it will be all day). The books I have been reading have all talked about the importance of solitude and 'retreat' which basically all means TAKING TIME FOR YOURSELF and DOING SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF! I have been doing that this past week and it sure has lifted my mood. Just reading a few chapters of a book in the quiet, catching up on some blogging, catching up on some housework, or having coffee with a friend. it has made me feel so recharged.

Enjoy your time alone!

Nicole