Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

I'm heading up to see my brother and niece next week during our kids spring break from school. My bro was supposed to have off work the days we are there but now he is saying he may have to work one of the nights. He's a police officer and works 3rd shift. He asked if my hubby or I wanted to go on a ride along with him if he does work.

Hubby is not interested but I'm thinking about going. My mom has done it before and she said it was kind of cool. I've got it on my "Life list" of things I want to do before I die but now that I actually have the chance I'm having second thoughts.

I'm mean what if something serious or scary goes on that I don't want to see? I know there's all kinds of crap going on out there around us but do I really wanna know about it? I could be traumatized for life!

What if he gets a call and has to speed through town to get there? I freak out enough with my hubby driving sometimes never mind being in a cop car with the siren going at top speeds!

What if there's an unexpected shoot out? Is the car bullet proof? I don't think so!

What if he gets a call that he knows is dangerous and has to let me out before heading there? It's a possibility, he's told me so. They have to drop you off somewhere to keep you out of danger. Well, that wouldn't be so bad if it was in an area I knew. And maybe daylight out! I don't know his city at all and it would be in the middle of the freaking night. You know......dark out!

And the most important of all...........what if he's on a call and I gotta pee?
Ya, only I would think of something like that!


4 comments:

Amy said...

No, you are not alone, you thought of everything I would be worried about. Even the peeing part :)

Nicole said...

Yes, a girl has to consider those things ... you are so funny!

Aim said...

it's good to think about all the possiblities. But I say if it's on your list, then you have to take advantage of the opportunity. :-)

Shannon said...

We have a family friend who is a police officer... my brother once went on a ride along. I think he was 18 or 19 at the time!

I'd be nervous about going, too! But on the other hand, it would be kinda cool.