Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All about Rick

Rick Springfield that is. Well, as I mentioned before, my hubby and I went to see RS this past Saturday. What a nice bday present that was!
We left around 1pm to head down to Illinois. Can someone explain to me why I still use mapquest? It sucks. For some reason, unknown to either of us, it took us in a random 10 mile circle. We didn't realize until we were actually driving it that it took us off the highway we knew around in a circle and right back on the the same highway we had just been on. Argh! Other than that it was a nice drive, saw lots of farms along the way and went through some interesting little towns.

We got into town just after 3pm and checked out the venue area, then found our hotel, checked in and called the friends we were meeting for dinner. We went to a local family owned restaurant, it was nice but a little "fancier" and of course pricier that we're used to or feel comfortable in. The hostess was kind of snobby too, so that didn't sit well with me the whole time.

The show was wonderful of course. It was held in the Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL. Very nice older theater. Only problem was that it was lacking in the restroom dept. lol We had great seats, 3rd row on the aisle on the right side of the stage. The show was scheduled for 8pm, but Rick didn't come out until about 9:10. The Squirts opened for him, then the owner of the entertainment company spoke for a while and they had one of employees sing at Rick's request. A little more stalling and then some technical difficulties and we were finally underway with the video montage just after 9pm. This was the first time I had seen the video and loved it, would like to see that show up on a DVD sometime. Though maybe with a little more detail.

As soon as Rick come out there was a bit of a stage rush from some fans behind us. I ended up with the this huge dude in front of me. I was not happy about that, but with the looks and the size of this guy I wasn't about to say anything!! lol Luckily a couple songs in the owner and some security came down the aisle and made people return to their seats. There wasn't a problem after that. Just a few people here and there coming down for a closer pic or two. That I can handle, but I just hate the stage rushing!!

The show lasted for close to two hours. Rick seemed in a very good mood and was having fun. So were the rest of the guys. Matt and George were wireless and were wandering all over the place! It was hilarious at times. I'd been fighting a cold for a few days prior and by the end of the night I could barely speak. Well worth it though.

Here's a pic from when Rick was out in the crowd just across the aisle from us. Love the pics where he's looking right at you!



We also got treated to hearing "Christmas with You" live! I have the CD and had caught the video a time or two before the show but loved hearing it live. Here's that video..




You can find out more about the CD on http://www.rickspringfield.com/, the proceeds are going to help the families of fallen soldiers. You can also hear any or all of the songs at many clear channel radio stations (Christmas with you list). A few songs from his "Live in Rockford" DVD are also available for viewing (Live in Rockford list).

And that brings us to the end of my Rick rant........for now!

No comments: