Saturday, September 29, 2007

What to blog

I've been slacking a little in my posts! I promised myself I wouldn't do that if I was going to start a blog! Just trying to adjust to my "new" schedule I guess with working a little more and helping my 3rd grader with all her homework every night. She has more that my 7th grader some nights. I need to learn to get organized and stop procrastinating.......pick a project and do it. I have a list of things I want done but when I think about it I get overwhelmed thinking it's too much and do none of it. Instead of picking something and just doing it. Argh!

I also sometimes wonder if I get myself started on too many things I don't need to be doing. Like the daily photo blog I mentioned a few posts ago. I like the idea of a photo blog and sharing my pics but I guess with this, now that I actually started it, I'm not so sure it's what I want. I just feel so limited and restricted in what to post. It's a city daily photo (and you're part of a group of other city bloggers) so they pretty much want you to stick to your city or close to it. I also feel kind of pressured to go out and take pics so I can stick to the city. I have tons of pics on my computer but not a ton from my own city. So not sure if you checked it out but I'm not so sure how long I'll be sticking with it. Maybe I should just start posting more pics here instead. Then I can post what I want, when I want. I also have a few other photos sites I want to get more involved in that have classes and contests and a couple with ways to earn some extra money.

Speaking of the photo contests I've been meaning to post about this. I belong to betterphoto.com and right now only have a couple pics on there. But I entered the pic of Multnomah Falls in Oregon that I posted here in July, in the monthly contest. I didn't win but it did get labeled and "Editors Pick"! Check it out here.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes 2 of your pictures now that have been acknowledged by people "in the know".......(2 that I know of, anyway).....any more out there? Keep on sending them out - one day you'll be discovered. Dora---------