Thursday, April 21, 2011

Road Trip to Florida, days 1 & 2

She lives!  Yes, I am back from my trip.  I did not run away and join the circus or anything of the sort.  I think I just lost my blogging mojo after my trip and then coming home and having a bit of a cold.  

For a couple of days there I was seriously going to quit my blog for good.  I talked it out with my good blogging friend Amy, let it simmer a bit, did some other things and finally decided I'd miss it too much.  So here I am playing catch up with my Florida trip posts.

I'm going to do it in a few parts but I'm going to try to keep them short and sweet,  easy to read with lots of pics.  If I leave something out or you want to know more, just ask! 

We got up at the crack before dawn to get the kids out of the house with my mom, brother, niece, soon to be sister in law and her daughter.  Who I guess will become my niece also!  They all flew down.

Then we jumped in the car to start our drive...



We buckled up for safety...




And of course you can't have a road trip without a traffic jam.  This one happened to be in the middle of Kentucky, lasted two hours and got us a total of 5 miles...



After a long day of traveling and not getting nearly as far as we wanted, we had the bright idea that instead of stopping for the night, we'd have a leisurely dinner, drive a few more hours, stop to sleep in the car at a rest stop for a couple hours and then drive during the night when the traffic was hopefully better.  

Obviously we weren't thinking straight!  Because it is virtually impossible to sleep well in the car and traffic jams happen at night too!


So we ended up taking many rest breaks throughout the next day...




Almost got bitten by poisonous snakes....


But eventually arrived safely at our destination....







Being that the kids had already been there for 24 hours they were already enjoying the pool....



We showered, freshened up and my aunt made us some dinner in their unit.  Then we took a walk around the grounds.  Saw some palm trees....



Had a ghost like portrait taken of me by my daughter....




And checked out the fountain in the middle of the west village....






2 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks great so far!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of it (and am so glad you didn't quit blogging.)

Amy said...

I am so happy you are still with us! Great for you and for us!!

Looks like tons of fun. Roadtrips usually are and your photos are as usual, great!!

Thanks for sharing!