Monday, April 25, 2011

Road Trip to Florida days 3 & 4

Day 3 we got up to head to IHOP for breakfast.  We don't have many of them around here so my youngest was asking to eat there.



The kids spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon hanging around the pool.  Hubby and I spent longer than expected on a tour and missed out on one of the better days weather wise!

That night we had reservations with everyone at the Arabian Nights dinner theater....


It was fun but kinda hard to eat in the dark and take pics at the same time!  But I got a few.



My daughter fell in love with this horse...


After dinner we walked around Downtown Disney for a while.



Day 4 we had plans for Universal Studios.  The weather didn't want to cooperate though.  So before heading out we stopped at Walgreens and got our outfits for the day...




Meet the new smurf family...


There was a steady drizzle pretty much the whole day.  This storefront caught my attention.....


It was of course just a facade.  Inside was actually an office doing taste testing.  Hubby made 3 universal bucks to taste some granola bars.  Which came in handy at lunch time at Mel's diner. (this is one of my fave photos from the week)



Damn, theme park food is expensive though!

The kids almost got eaten by a shark....




We watched a show featuring TV and movie animal actors and how they get them to do certain tricks.


We got to see the dog from the Men In Black movies.....



We of course went on rides and shopped for souvenirs and ate junk food!  It sucked being wet all day but on the other hand it kept the crowds down and there weren't too many lines.  

We left fairly early, ordered pizza for dinner back at our place and just lounged around for the night.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to me! Despite the weather!

My sister and her little family are there this week and I am SO jealous. I've never been! :(