Friday, April 22, 2011

My first (and quite possibly only) Vlog!

Photobucket





OMG!  I seriously cannot believe I'm actually doing this right now!  

I'm participating in Mamarazzi's monthly Vlog for April.  Did I just say Vlog?  I did.  Yes, I am actually posting a video of myself right here for all to see.  I must be crazy.


It's an accent/dialect vlog that has been making it's way around the blogosphere but they have added some extra words to it.

I apologize in advance for.............well, everything about it really! 

For some reason it kept going in and out of focus.  Not sure what's up with that.  I also have some serious bags under my eyes.  Yikes!!  But it is what it is.  I did it in one take and was not about to try again.  I was really hoping my kids wouldn't start calling for me or fighting and interrupt it!
 




You start by saying the following words:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Antenna, Rootbeer, Ambulance, Museum, Milk, Orange, Apricot

THEN you answer the following questions:

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Where do you buy your groceries?
Just a couple clarifications....I did not enjoy the making of my own video or watching myself to make sure you could hear me.  I think watching other people's is fun!
and
As far as skipping the show & tell part........I had a hard enough time just doing the easy part!

Also I have no idea why I said caramel the way I did because that is not how I normally say it.  I must have been nervous and trying to hard to pronounce them correctly! It's usually just  "car-mull".  Anyway.....

Whew!


3 comments:

Amy said...

YAYYYYY!!! OMG!!! YAYYYY!!! That was awesome girl! I am so proud of YOU!!! You looked and sounded great!! You did it once, you can definitely do it again! Great job!!

Mamarazzi said...

i am soooo HAPPY that you did this. i love knowing what you sound like, so soft spoken and sweet!!

pretty please play again in May the assignment is EASY and awesome...i will post the Assignment for May on Monday April 25 in the morning!

Shawn said...

Lynn, I am so happy you decided to do this! I love putting a voice with all of my bloggy friends!

I love a girl who makes up her own rules!

I hope to see you again in May!