Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mmmm! Frozen Custard!

Just got back from a frozen custard run. I had been craving it all day since I saw the flavor of the day! If you aren't familiar with it, it's a frozen treat that is creamier and softer (but not like soft serve) than ice cream. And in my opinion way yummier!

There is even a website (Custard List) that tracks the flavor of the day at various custard stands around the US. Now I think it used to be just in the SE Wisconsin area but today is the first day I've looked in years and it lists quite a few states. I used to think it was a fairly regional thing, but I guess it's spreading. I had a friend that used to monitor this site on a regular basis to find her favorite flavors. I don't know maybe she still does. She also used to periodically bring custard to her co-workers when she worked over the border in Illinois because they had no place to get it down there.

So, if you ever get to an area that has it, try some. My favorite: Caramel Cashew!

No comments: