Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15, 1995

Fourteen years ago today I became a mom for the first time.


I had worked all day the day before. When I got home from work that night I made myself something to eat and went to sit on the couch. I would usually sit Indian style with my belly resting on my legs. When I went to put up my first leg I felt a little gush. Uh-oh! I thought I had peed myself! Not unusual for someone who is 9 months pregnant. I was at the point where I was going to the bathroom quite often.

So I got up and went to use the bathroom. I thought I was done and was going to head back to eat but I kept feeling something leaking and finally realized I hadn't gone to the bathroom. My water broke! Which I have heard since is very unusual for a first baby.

Anyway, I went over to hubby and told him it was time. "Time for what?" he asked! "Duh, I'm 9 months pregnant, what do you think?" So we headed to the hospital and they had to do a test to make sure that was the case and that my water had actually broke. I was admitted sometime around 8pm. And then a mere 13 VERY LONG HOURS later Skowt was born.

She was stubborn and did not want to come out I guess. Now she is for the most part a pretty laid back kid. Quiet and shy like her mom with a goofy sense of humor. Growing up way faster than this mom can handle!

Happy 14th Birthday!! Love you!


5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Happy 14th Birthday to your beautiful daughter. We have a 14 and 11 y/o son, but it so different than girl I understand!
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog, I appreciate your comment.

Nicole said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Skowt! And to you, mom, congrats!!
Nicole

Amy said...

Hope you had a great one! Sweet baby pics, so cute :)

kristi said...

My baby will be 14 in November. Happy Birthday to your girl!

Aim said...

happy birthday, Skowt! Great pix, Lynn.