Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So many movies....

So little time. Yeah, just look at the 74 titles on my Netflix queue (about 15 of those are tv series with multiple discs per season), but it's still a lot. I bet I could add more too, I've been trying to keep it under control because I can't keep up. The good part is, I always have something around to watch if I'm up for a movie.

We watched quite a few movies while on winter break, but now we have 3 that have been just sitting here for the last week, along with this blog I've been ignoring. No wonder I don't have many readers!

What did you watch you ask? Or not. So I'm asking for you.

1. A Christmas Story: What's Christmas without watching Ralphie dress up like a deranged Easter Bunny and then shoot his eye out?! Not hard to miss with the 24 hour marathon.

2. Elf: Not a favorite but again, when it's on for 24 hours in a row you can't help but see part of it.

3. Return to Me: I liked it. It was kind of sad the way their situation came about but still cute.

4. Journey to the Center of the Earth: We saw this once in the theater but the kids loved it so we got it again.

5. Mummy Returns: Brendan Fraser again. I think this was on tv right after we watched Journey so that was weird. That seems to happen a lot to me. We'll watch a DVD and then within hours or days another movie with the same actor will pop up on tv.

6. Star Wars - Attack of the Clones: With my hubby in the house you can't not turn on any of the Star Wars movies if they're on.

7. Iron Man: I started watching but it just didn't hold my interest. I know it was pretty popular but I didn't really care for it. Or maybe I just wasn't in a movie mood.

8. Definitely Maybe: This was OK. I remember wanting to see it when it first came out and saw previews. I guess it wasn't exactly what I expected.

9. 21: I really liked this. Hubby and I are moving to Vegas to become professional gamblers!!

10. Twilight: Um, I may or may not have seen this one another time or two during the past few weeks. (im)patiently waiting for the release of the DVD.

11. Bedtime Stories: Took the kids to see this one afternoon. Pretty cute movie. I normally don't like Adam Sandler, but he kind of toned it down for this one so it wasn't half bad.




4 comments:

Aim said...

We went to see Twilight for time #2...and can't wait for the DVD. Lyric likes Edward, Jazz likes Jacob and mommy likes Carlisle (except I wish he could have kept the dark hair)

Amy said...

I didn't like Ironman either. uggh, so not my kind of movie.

I have Nip/Tuck in my netflix list, I am way late in the game on it but I love it :)

Star Forbis said...

Thanks so much for visiting my Blog out in Arizona today. Come back anytime.

You listed some of my favorite movies, and some I've still yet to see.

Shannon said...

My oldest wants to see Bedtime Stories... I've wondered if she would like it or if it's any good!

My girls got a few new movies for Christmas... we've watched Kung Fu Panda and Tinker Bell.


Another one I watched over the holidays was The Family Stone... its one of my all-time faves!

I might have gone to see Twilight for a 2nd time, too...