Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dells Adventure, Day 1

This weekend worked out great because it was the first Saturday in a long time that Hubby didn't have to work. We were able to leave in the morning rather than waiting until he got off work. He wanted to be on the road by 10 am........I think we pulled out of the driveway at 10:05. Hey, I had to do one last check to make sure we had everything!

It's about and hour and 15 minute drive from our house to the Dells. It turned out to be a great day for a drive, warm and sunny. We'd been watching the weather and were concerned about rain for the whole weekend.

Our first stop when we got there was for lunch at a fairly new place called Buffalo Phil's Grille. Tiger just loves the delivery vehicle..

After lunch we went to the adjoining Bowling and Entertainment center called Knuckleheads. You can connect to their website through the Phil's link above. We got in a game of bowling and played a bunch of the arcade games. Here's daddy and the kids goofing around between frames.

And yes, we even snuck in a pic of me, Skowt took this one.

After we were done there it was time to go check out our resort. We stayed at the Chula Vista for the first time. It was nice, I'd go back again. It was kind of off the beaten path, not right in the busy area of the Dells, right along upper part of the Dells and the Wisconsin River. This is the building our room was in.

There was one other like ours, basically with just hotel rooms. There was a building of bigger condos and across the street there were some golf condos/villas around the golf course. After our tour of the place it was water park time. Tiger had been dying to go all day. Here is the outdoor part as seen from our room.

We actually spent our time in the indoor park. After our fill of that we headed out for dinner. We ate at a place called Paul Bunyans. It's set up like a cook shanty for loggers and it's an all you can eat dinner. Not a buffet, but they bring the items to your table and you serve yourself and you can request as many refills as you'd like. The menu for the evening was BBQ ribs and fried chicken, yum.

The people who sat at the table next to ours were from another country, not sure where but they had accents. Anyway, it was just interesting to observe. Here we are (and most others in the place) eating our ribs and chicken with our fingers.......right? They used a knife and fork to cut up their fried chicken. I kind of felt like a slob! lol

By the time we were done it was getting late. We got a few things in the gift shop and headed back to the hotel, got settled in and watched a bit of tv. We were tired after a long day. Ready to get some rest, so why is it that no one else in the hotel can understand that? That is one of the big things that bothers me about hotels, people seem to have no courtesy for other guests. It's 11pm and people are walking through the halls talking at the top of their lungs and letting their doors slam. The family next door is goofing around with their kids, laughing and yelling. Then they decide the kids need a bath and of course can't go to bed with wet hair so start running the hair dryer!

Then Tiger is up wandering around the room at 6 freakin 30 in the morning. That kid does not know how to sleep in!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like fun! Don't feel alone, it seems every time we stay at a hotel, the freaks come out at night!