Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Don't try this at home

I use an electric shaver because I'm a wimp that way and I'm afraid I'll cut myself with a razor. Yesterday afternoon I was using it and did my right leg. Then *kerplunk*. I dropped it. In the toilet. And it just kept running. Didn't even shut off the GFCI protected outlet I had it plugged into. I picked it up by the cord and as it was hanging there, it just kept going. Then I pulled the other end out of the outlet. Not even thinking. I'm surprised I didn't get electrocuted.

My hubby said it must have been insulated quite well to keep running in the water. It used to be my mom's, she gave it to me years ago when I first started shaving. That thing must be like 40 years old. They don't make them like that anymore. And it still worked great. I bought a new one a while back and it didn't do as good a job as this one. I'm bummed. I even considered saving it. I thought maybe it will be ok. The water didn't even affect it. But then I thought better of it and figured better be safe than sorry.

Now since I'm walking around with one shaved and one hairy leg I've got to go find myself a new one. It will never be the same!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It was obviously not a wet/dry one then, huh?? This is so something that would happen to me. that's why I use Nair.