Tuesday, January 29, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night!

Hubby and I had our night out. We had a lot of fun at the Colin and Brad Show. We went out to dinner before the show and of course since it was Saturday we went to T.G.I.Fridays. Makes sense right? We started out at Olive Garden but the parking lot was more packed than it was the night we were told an hour and a half wait so we didn't even attempt going in. Then we headed to the theater.

BTW, did I mention I had to sit in the back seat? Yeah, that's right. I felt kind of lame. My husband uses his jeep to deliver mail so when he bought it he had a conversion kit installed so he could drive on the right. Well, to make things even easier he took out the drivers seat and built a shelf to put the mail on. He had to use it on Monday so didn't want to have to switch it back and forth. Plus his shoulder is still bothering him so he didn't want to lug the heavy seat out to switch it. So it's quite an interesting sight with him driving on the right and me sitting in the back on the left. We get some interesting looks! Especially after the show when we had to pay to get out of the parking garage. Priceless!

Anyway, got to the theater about an hour early. They weren't seating yet so had to kill some time. Luckily we ran into a guy hubby used to work with. He hadn't seen him in about a year so we spent most of that time chatting and catching up with him and his girlfriend.

The show lasted a good 2+ hours. It started a little after 8pm and we didn't get up to leave until about 10:40, I'd say there was about a 15 minute intermission. Not bad at all. I expected maybe 1 1/2 hours. It was hilarious and I'd love to see it again the next time they are near us. I guess Milwaukee is the city they have played the most......sounds like another favorite of mine! I don't know how they come up with some of this stuff so quickly off the top of their heads. Must be from doing it for so long. Most of the games were versions of or combinations of the games on Whose Line. Was our first time seeing the mouse trap game though. I never laughed so hard at people in pain in my life. They have a video on their site in the media section of them playing it (see the link at the beginning of this post) along with a couple others.
Check 'em out.


No comments: