Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Concert 3 of 3 ABBA, THE TOUR

Milwaukee 7-8-07

Now, this concert was kind of the opposite of the Police concert as far as knowing the songs. I recognized most all of them. Blame it on my mom who played their music all the time when I was a kid! She saw this concert was coming up at Potawatomi in MKE and I decided to get tickets to for her for mother's day. Who's her favorite child now?

This of course was not the original ABBA but the tribute band Arrival from Sweden. I must admit they did a great job. From what I remember of the songs they sounded quite a bit like the originals. They also had the 70s outfits to go with it. I know my mom really enjoyed the show and it seemed like everyone else did too. There were just a handful of dates in the US but for anyone who likes the music of ABBA and who was never able to see the original band live, this is the next best thing I guess.

So now I can't get their songs out of my head. I keep waking up singing
Try once more
Like you did before
Sing a new song
Chiquitita

You happy now mom?? :-)

No comments: