Monday, July 30, 2007

Addicted to Webkinz

Those cute little stuffed animals that every young girl has to have! Do boys play with them too? They all contain a tag with a special code and you adopt them online. My 8 year old wanted one a couple months ago so we got her a little white terrier and she played online periodically, they have cute little games you can play and earn cash and buy stuff for your house.
It wasn't until two weeks ago when we saw my cousin's kids that mine got "addicted". They all decided they were going to add each other as friends and we ended up going out and buying them each another animal. My daughter now also has a tiger....her favorite animal. (Shhh...don't tell anyone but me and both my 30 something cousins got one too! I have yet to "adopt" mine though.) At the time my 11 year old would have nothing to do with it. It was right before she got really sick so I'm thinking she just didn't have an interest in anything at the time. But now that she is better and we are back home she has found a panda she likes. So the past few days the two have them have been bugging me to play webkinz and are visiting and playing games together.

Now they are on a mission to find the trading cards that all have codes to get "stuff" for your webkinz. There are only two stores in our little town that sell the stuff though and they are hard to come by. Ebay to the rescue!! Looks like I may go that route for them as long as shipping is not an arm and a leg!
Here's the cute Koala I got.........


No comments: