Thursday, January 3, 2013

Project 366 completed!

Over the past few years I've tried variety of photography projects with no success.  Either I'd get bored or just didn't take the time for it. 

I attempted a Project 365 in 2010 and I think I made it until about March before I decided it was too much pressure to come up with a good photo each day.  Plus, as much as I love photography I've never been able to get in the habit of having my camera with me all the time so it's available when the mood strikes or the perfect photo opp presents itself.

I've tried a couple 52 week projects and they fizzled out.  I also started a Scavenger Hunt of 101 things and a 100 possibilities project (100 different photos of the same item).  For some reason I just couldn't get into the habit of thinking about it and working on them regularly.  Though I would like to try to pick back up at least on the 100 possibilities one.

Each time I didn't finish I'd feel like a complete failure.  But for some reason I'd try my hand at another. 

But in 2012 I finally finished one!!



I decided to try another 365 project, well 366 since it was a leap year.  But this time I used my phone because I always have that with me!  And I did it.  Some of the photos kinda suck because I'd wait until the last minute or it was just a non eventful day.  Some of my favorites are in the collage. 

If you're interested seeing more check out my Instagram feed

It's actually felt a little weird the past couple days not doing a daily photo.  But I need the break.  I was getting to the point where I was having to "force" myself to come up with something and then its starts getting to be no fun. 



1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on finishing it, I'm proud of you. And you got some really good imaginative shots!