Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Did you hear what I just thought?

So lately, as you know I've been into reading the Twilight books. For anyone who may not have read them they're basically a vampire/human love story. Edward, the main vampire character can read minds. I've also since heard about the Sookie Stackhouse series of books by Charlaine Harris. Also a vampire story. According to the back of the first book she "keeps to herself, and doesn't get out much. Not because she's not pretty.........she can read minds." I haven't started reading it yet but plan to soon.

I never really gave much thought to being able to read minds in the past. But now all these mind reading characters are popping up. Which got me thinking and weirded out!

So the other day I'm at work and a really good looking guy comes up to the counter and my first thought is....."Wow, he's cute" ......or something along those lines. Then immediately after that I thought........."OMG!!! What if he can read minds?"

I tried really hard to think of something else and got totally embarrassed. I could feel my face turning bright red! I started getting all flustered. All this for what? I was the only one who knew what was going on in my head.......or was I?

Now I can't get the idea out of my head. Is that even possible? Are there people out there that can read minds? Who are they?

I mean, I think it may be kind of cool. If you were the one doing the mind reading that is. I wouldn't like someone being able to know what's going on in my mind all the time! Heck, I don't even like what goes on in my mind most of the time!
I'm not making any sense here am I? Better stop while I'm ahead.

But for those of you who can't read minds, what an intriguing look into what is my mind hey? Scary huh?


2 comments:

Amy said...

LOL! I have had similar experiences and wondered that myself. Most people would NOT want to know what I am thinking... :)

Aim said...

well, I hadn't thought of that, but now I will. There's a lot of times I'm glad nobody can read my mind. I was raised not to say stuff, but I still think it. LOL