Monday, January 25, 2010

Where's the off switch?

As if I don't worry about stuff enough during my waking hours, it has to enter my dreams too?!

I am one of the biggest worry warts you'll meet. Give me a scenario and I will find something to worry about. It may never happen.....but what if it does? My mind is always racing....it works it strange ways.

Three months from now I have plans to visit Tennessee for my cousin's wedding. I offered to do their wedding photos as my gift to them. I'm really excited to do this for them, but really nervous too!

Of course ever since they agreed to it I've been planning and thinking and yup, worrying! I want to be as prepared as I can. I don't want anything to go wrong and I don't want them to be disappointed.

I talked to my cousin's fiance a little the other night about what they were planning for the day. They do have a co-worker of her mom's who is a photography student who will also be there. I will be with the bride while she gets ready to take photos of all that while he is with my cousin taking photos of the guys. Then we will both be at the ceremony and reception. Does it take some of the pressure off......yes, at first. But then it also gets me thinking about possible problems with that too.

So while laying in bed the other night trying to fall asleep I was just thinking about ideas for photos to get during the day. Where we could go on the property and how to pose the wedding party. Fun stuff, nothing negative.

I wake up the next morning and had dreamt that while I was photographing some things and guests before the ceremony started my camera froze up and would not work. I was freaking out and could not figure out what the problem was. It was scary!

Now, worrying about things while awake is one thing. But dreaming about them makes it all seem so much more real. I tend to have vivid dreams and wake up feeling the emotions from the dream. Not a good thing.

Can't I just turn my brain off?? Just for a little while. please?




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Well, if you dream about the things that could go wrong, then maybe they'll just go wrong in your dreams and not on the big day! Right?


And what part of TN are you going to?

Aim said...

I swear we are twins! I do stuff like that all the time. Trying to be better about it. You'll do fine, I'm sure. If you want more practice, my friend is getting married in September. We'll talk.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.