Saturday, January 9, 2010

Computer time?

How do you manage your time on the computer with the rest of your life? Do you limit your time, have a certain time of day you go on and stick to it?

I need help! lol

In 2010, I want to be more productive, procrastinate less, and stop wasting so much time! I keep putting off my photography goals because of it (not to mention my lack of self confidence but that's another story!) I really would like to make some money with it and not have to work my crummy part time job!

A big part of the problem is my computer time. I like blogging and reading others and finding new online friends, I like keeping in touch with friends and family through FB and a few other groups and social sites I belong to. I don't want to give it all up.....But sometimes it interferes with stuff I should be doing!

You know how it goes......I'm just gonna check my email quick, OK well what's up on twitter, FB? Gotta check out this video, so and so's pics, maybe I'll play Bejeweled Blitz for a bit. Let's check out the google reader and read a few blogs....from there you get 10 other links, books, movies etc. you want to check out. And it goes on and on and the next thing you know hours have passed and you've gotten nothing done! The kids will be home in five minutes and your afternoon was totally unproductive!

Or is that just me? lol

Last week was a bit better. I started putting things I wanted to do in my planner. At the suggestion of my husband who said maybe I need to start scheduling time for things I want to get done instead of just having a running list of tasks or projects. Actually pencil them in at a certain time on my planner. At first I thought he was crazy but I think it just may work for me if I keep at it.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

No, it's not just you! Sometimes I feel there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I think scheduling time for what you want to do is a good idea.

I try to set a time limit when I log on... say, one hour. I'll check email, blogs, whatever... but once the hour is up, I get up from the laptop and go do laundry or make dinner or whatever...

Aim said...

using the planner is a GREAT idea! forget pencil, INK in your computer time, your photo time, your business prep time. and don't forget family time. it's okay to have a list of things that you want to get back to on the internet. you'll find out that it might not have been as important as you thought. Good luck!

Amy said...

I have a lot of time at work to do stuff online, then after work once dinner is served and everyone has bathed, I go at it again in between tv shows and helping with homework. As you may have noticed none of that time has been spent blogging... :(