So I've decided this year I want to do just that. Hibernate. Yup, lock me up in the house until........hmmm??........mid march should be good huh? Hopefully the threat of snow should be gone by then.
I've got it all figured out.
- Skowt takes the bus both to and from school. Tiger rides it home but we carpool with 2 other families in the morning, but hubby has driven 90% of the time this year anyway because of my work schedule so he can just keep it up.
- Food.....we can stock up now on non perishables, canned goods, frozen and meats that we can freeze. As far as perishables, again hubby has been on a mission lately to find the best deals at the grocery store so why deny him that.
- I can do any other shopping that needs to be done online. How convenient is that?
- Entertainment......I have quite a few books in my "to read" pile, my netflix queue is overflowing so I can have a constant stream of DVDs coming in, I watch a ton of tv anyway so I'd have plenty of time to keep up, and of course the hours of fun that can be had on the internet!
- I have a few projects around the house that I can finally make a dent in.
- Since I won't be driving anywhere or going shopping with mom, to lunch or a movie with a friend, not working won't be a problem since I'll be saving money on gas, eating out, movies and impulse purchases!
Sounds wonderful doesn't it? I figure I'll start around Thanksgiving time. Because, you know, NEW MOON comes out on November 20 and I just have to go see it at least once........or as many times as my friends and I can fit it in! lol
There, I'm good to go!
OH wait.......there's that doctor appt. I need to take Skowt to at the end of the month. And the Orthodontist appt. both of the kids have in December. And that's right, they both have band concerts around the holidays. Oh and hubby and I have tickets to a show in January!
Dag-nabbit! Maybe it won't work out after all.