Friday, February 1, 2013

Let the Games Begin

 
 
Today is the first day of A Month of Letters and so far so good.  I have two pieces of mail ready to go!  I don't think I'll be updating daily.  Maybe just once a week on Friday.  And for today I don't plan on posting a pic of what I'm sending yet as I don't want the receivers to see before they arrive!
 
In the meantime......
 
I tried my hand at making a few of my own envelopes!  I used a map that was inside a travel guide book I had requested long ago and we never ended up going to that destination.
I also carefully turned a "junk mail" return envelope inside out so the design is on the outside.  I got the idea from the forums on Lettermo.  Very cool.
 





3 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

It's fun making your own envelopes. I've never repurposed one i got in the mail before but maybe I should try that.

marijke said...

Your envelopes look great! I'm planning to make some tomorrow.

Annywithawhy.yt said...

It's weird because all my junk mail comes in envelopes that are white on both sides :(
Yours look fantastic though! I'm going to try and find some old newspapers to use for envelopes :)