Monday, March 31, 2008
31 posts in 31 days! If you've been reading them all, thank you! As I know some of them probably weren't all that interesting. And then I went and abandoned my lists. How dare I...........or is it me?
I won't be doing the challenge in April but will keep my eye on the upcoming themes and possibly do it again soon if there is one I like. Or just do it to do it. I've been thinking about trying it out on my photoblog, but wanted to possibly wait until the weather is nicer to get out and get some new pics and post as I take them. I've seen photoblogs that do it for a year at a time. That's too much for me and why I changed the original direction of doing the daily city post I had on that blog. We'll see, maybe in May or June.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
It's the second to last day of my daily challenge for the month....can't have me forgetting now!
I had to work today until 2pm, then came home to relax for a bit, had dinner and got into planning our Memorial Day weekend. Next thing I know it's bedtime for the kids and I hadn't posted yet.
Anyway, we'll be staying at a place with and indoor/outdoor waterpark for two nights in May. The kids will have fun, they love waterparks. Me...not so much. But I go for them. I'm sure we'll be doing plenty of other stuff that weekend too.
Well, off to bed early for me tonight. School starts back up tomorrow and I'm the official alarm clock in the family. It was soooo nice sleeping in all last week. I'll miss it.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Maybe because my brother went home and I have my house and computer back! lol
And it was a nice sunny day out so that's cool. Still a little chilly but at least it was sunny!
I took the kids to see Horton Hears a Who today. Cute movie. The kids liked it. Though Skowt is an "adult" according to the theater. We have to pay the adult rate for her 12 year old butt now. I also told her the other day she won't be able to get away with eating off the kids menu for much longer. Bummer.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
It's been a crappy, boring day. The weather is cold with snow flurries. Again. At least it's not accumulating.
After seeing the story of the 11 year old girl who died after going into a coma because she was in a state of Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), I've been thinking a lot about how thankful I am that our daughter (Skowt) is still with us and is doing OK. She was in DKA when we brought her into the hospital last July and was diagnosed with diabetes.
I hate to think what could have happened had we waited any longer to bring her in. I just can't imagine how this girl's parents could do nothing and just watch their daughter die.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
If you could create a new holiday what would it be?
I subscribe to their Daily Holidays email. It's interesting to see some of the daily holidays out there.
Have fun celebrating your new holiday!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Tried to earlier but my desktop computer was not cooperating! I'm ready to toss it out the window. But I can't until I get all my pics transferred over to my external drive. There's a site I wanted to blog about and mention today but couldn't get in to get the banner to post here. Hopefully tomorrow. I am on my laptop now but I just don't feel like it. :)~
Not doing too much yet so far this spring break. Went shopping for a jacket for Skowt and out to lunch today. Nothing really planned for tomorrow either. But we are planning to go bowling and possibly to a movie on Wed and Thurs. It's just nice not to have to get up early with the kids, run them around all week and deal with homework!
*Of nablopomo for March, for anyone keeping track
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
This is part of the metal guard rail on a bridge in town.
You can join in or see other photohunters here
Friday, March 21, 2008
Today was pretty much just a lazy day. We slept late, played some playstation and just goofed around. The kids are playing pool and hubby & I plan to watch a movie tonight.
My brother is coming down Sunday with my niece. Hopefully I won't have a problem getting time to do my daily blogging! :)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I was just looking around for something fun to post tonight and came across this survey
Describe yourself using one band and song titles from that band
|Choose a band/artist and answer only in song TITLES by that band::||Rick Springfield|
|Are you male or female::||Woman|
|Describe yourself::||American Girl|
|How do some people feel about you::||Your Psychopathic Mother|
|How do you feel about yourself::||What Kind of Fool Am I?|
|Describe your ex girlfriend/boyfriend::||idontwantanythingfromyou|
|Describe your current girlfriend/boyfriend::||Affair of the Heart|
|Describe where you want to be::||Living In Oz|
|Describe what you want to be::||Perfect|
|Describe how you live::||Every Night I Wake Up Screaming|
|Describe how you love::||Love Screws Me Up|
|Share a few words of wisdom:||Celebrate Youth|
|Take this survey Find more surveys|
Bzoink - The Original Survey Site
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Today I thought I'd just share a fun pic. Skowt went to make herself a sandwich on Saturday and discovered her bagel had a "mouth". They just couldn't get over this and spent about 20 minutes playing with it and taking pics with it before taking it apart to eat!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
- My grandparents
- Having really close girlfriends like I had in HS (don't get me wrong I have some great friends now, but it's different. )
- Being a kid
- Having no worries or responsibilities
- Having a close relationship with my dad
- My extended family (we used to all live in the same small town, now we are spread out all over the country)
- sleep ( I have to get up at 5:30 everyday to get my daughter up for school, that's just way to early in my opinion)
- My memory, I'm pretty sure I have momnesia (and while the article only refers to those with young kids, I'm fairly certain it never goes away. Mine are 12 and 8 and I still have all the symptoms!)
Saturday, March 15, 2008
- Freak out!!!
- quit my job
- pay off all our bills
- pay off bills for my mom, brother, mother in law and help out as many other family members as I could
- put aside a fund for my kids and niece for school
- buy or build a "dream" home- not some totally outrageous mansion with too many rooms to keep track of, but a house with all the things I'd like but don't have now. Would make it energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Hire a maid!....and a cook :)
- set up a photo studio in that new house with all the equipment I can't afford now.
- buy a new hybrid vehicle
- travel (including visiting some online friends!)
- pay for all my aunts, uncles and cousins to get together somewhere for a big family reunion
- donate more to breast cancer, diabetes and heart research
- I suppose I'd let hubby and the kids get a few toys too
That reminds me. I think I need a ticket for tonight's drawing!
Friday, March 14, 2008
And today was such a nice day out. The kids actually went outside for a while after school and after dinner so I went and spent a few out there with them. How could I say no to being outside WITHOUT a coat after being either stuck inside or having to wear a zillion layers for the past 3-4 months?! Back in the 30s over the weekend so had to take advantage when we could.
They finally got a chance to use the new pogo stick Tiger got for Christmas! Took her a while but she started getting the hang of it. I'm surprised they didn't try to get me on that thing. Maybe next time.
Hubby will be home from work soon so I'm outta here. See you tomorrow!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
- I've switched to paperless statements for all the bills that offer that option
- bought 'energy star' rated washer and dryer when our others died
- have been using reusable dryer sheets (though they aren't as good as they claim and certain things come out static-y)
- I bought and started using those reusable canvas grocery bags
- I recycle as much as I can at home (cans, glass, plastic, newspaper, junk mail, empty cereal boxes etc, cardboard)
- I turn the water off when brushing my teeth
- This may sound gross, but don't flush every time (if you just pee)
- reuse shower towel to cut down on laundry (you're clean when you get out right?)
- use a faucet water filter and refillable bottle for water instead of buying so much bottled water
- print stuff on the back of all the fliers and notes I get from the kids school or use as scrap/note paper (then recycle it)
- I save all the return postage paid envelopes I get in junk mail and use them when I need to send money or permission slips to school instead of using new envelopes
I bought one of those daily calenders with a tip a day to becoming green. Yes, as i tear them off I save them for notes. Anyway, today's tip was that a freezer is more efficient if it's completely full. So if you aren't able to keep it stocked full, replace the empty space with plastic bottles filled with water.
Got any other good tips, let me know.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Whose idea was this anyway? LOL Posting every single day.
I know I made a list of lists I was going to do for this month's theme, but I still have to come up with the items to put on them! Not always as easy as you think when you come up with the main ideas. I'm still working on them and will continue with them.
I'm just so tired. Haven't been feeling the greatest the past few days and by the end of the day I just wanna get to bed!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
So, I got to thinking and thought I'd do a list of famous people with diabetes. They've been telling her from the beginning not to let it stop her and she can still be anything she wants to be. As I started looking for people to list, I realized there were way more than I thought.
Here are some of the more recognizable ones I came across:
- Nick Jonas (drums, guitar, vocals for the Jonas Brothers)This is the one my daughter relates to the most. Since she is becoming a fan of the Jonas Brothers
- Brad Wilk (drummer for Audioslave)
- Billie Jean King (tennis player)
- Jackie Robinson (baseball player)
- Jerry Mathers (....as the Beaver)
- Mary Tyler Moore (actress, Mary Tyler Moore show, Dick Van Dyke show)
- Halle Berry (actress)
- Bret Michaels (singer for Poison)
- Ray Kroc (Founder of McDonalds)
- Anne Rice (author, Interview With A Vampire)
- Laura Ingalls Wilder (author)
Check out any of the links below for many more (including...Elvis?):
Monday, March 10, 2008
- visit all 50 states
- attend a taping of the Ellen DeGeneres show and possibly meet her
- ride in a hot air balloon
- visit the grand canyon
- go on a cruise (which I'll be able to cross off in November!)
- go whale watching
- get a tattoo
- go on a police ride along (maybe)
- see a space shuttle launch
- take a ride along Route 66
Sunday, March 9, 2008
- Mr. Goodbar
- Baby Ruth
- Almond Joy
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Kit Kat
- Take 5
- 3 Musketeers
Whew! I'm 9 for 9 so far for March. Almost forgot today, got busy doing other things. Tried to sit and watch the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie with hubby but I just couldn't get into it. I kept almost nodding off. I liked the other 2 so not sure why, must not be in the mood I guess.
Other nablopomo participants
Saturday, March 8, 2008
- La-lu (I think my aunt came up with those 4)
- Lindsay, Lindsay Wagner (my dad used to call me this)
- Lyn-a-tic (some friends in HS called me this, even had it on the back of my softball shirt)
- eagle eyes (another from HS cuz I could spot the guys everyone liked from a mile away)
- Mentil (my brother's name for me, that's OK, I call him Hoser)
- Dora (my mom and I call each other this)
- Dear (what hubby and I call each other)
Friday, March 7, 2008
- General Hospital (me)
- Lost (me and hubby) I'm so confused!
- Prison Break (hubby)
- My Name is Earl (me and hubby)
- Monk (me and hubby)
- 24 (hubby), I don't think this is coming for a while
- The Unit (hubby)
- Hustle (hubby)
- Psych (me and hubby)
- The Office (me and hubby)
- NCIS (hubby, though I watch once in a while)
- Battlestar Galactica (hubby)
- Hannah Montana (the kids)
- Army Wives (me)
- Stargate Atlantis (hubby)
- Eureka (hubby)
- Burn Notice (hubby)
- Torchwood (hubby)
- Las Vegas (hubby)
- Cane (hubby) did they renew this?
- Friday Night Lights (me) WOOHOO!! They just renewed for a 3rd season!
- The Singing Bee (skowt)
- The Shot (me, though I never did watch any of them)
- Zoey 101 (the kids)
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicals
- Survivor (me and the kids)
- Lipstick Jungle (me)
Wow, My husband has quite a few on there. He does watch a lot of tv. He's a night owl and will stay up and watch just about anything.
I also watch some others that aren't set to automatically record, like Deal or No Deal and The Ellen DeGeneres show.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
- Family Affair ( I still have my original Mrs. Beasley doll, but she is in rough shape)
- The Monkees (I wasn't around when these originally aired, I watched in repeats)
- The Brady Bunch
- Banana Splits
- The Dukes of Hazzard (Friday night = pizza and the Dukes)
- The Love Boat
- Fantasy Island
- Different Strokes
- Donny and Marie
Ok, went to wikipedia and found some more (how could have forgotten some of these?):
- Chico and the Man
- Battle of the Network Stars
- Captain Kangaroo
- Dance Fever
- The Electric Company
- The Gong Show
- Good Times
- Happy Days
- Little House on the Prairie
- Laverne and Shirley
- Mork and Mindy
- The Muppet Show
- One Day at a Time
- Romper Room
- The Partridge Family
- Sha Na Na
- Three's Company
I've always watched a lot of TV. LOL There are so many more I saw listed that I remember my parents or grandparents watching too. Brings back memories.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Since it's Girl Scout Cookie time, here's my list of favorites:
- Caramel Delights
- Peanut Butter Patties
That is all.
Monday, March 3, 2008
- Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton (1981)- Not my choice for 1st concert. My parents dragged me to see them at the WI State Fair when we first moved here.
- Rick Springfield - The first time I saw him was August 1982 I've seen him multiple times since, I won't list them all!
- Corey Hart (1984) - technically he was an opening act for one of the RS concerts I referenced above
- Bon Jovi - not sure the first time I saw them but it was in the 80s and I've also seen them multiple times since
- Skid Row - opened for BJ in late 80s
- Extreme - opened for BJ in early 90s
- The Monkees - a reunion tour in the 80s
- Loverboy - 80s
- Huey Lewis and the News - 1987
- Billy Ray Cyrus/Ken Mellons - early 90s
- Nickelback/3 Days Grace/Trapt - Nov. 2003
- Metallica/Godsmack - Aug. 2004
- GooGoo Dolls - Aug. 2005
- Joan Jett - partial show at a county fair in 2005 or 2006, not sure of date
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill - 2006? not sure of the year, mom dragged me again and I try to block it out. lol Kidding! They weren't too bad, I'm just not usually a fan of country music.
- Nelson - Aug. 2006
- The Police - July 2007
- Arrival - July 2007 - An ABBA tribute band I took my mom to.
Other nablopomo participants
Sunday, March 2, 2008
- Places I want to visit
- Shows I watched as a kid
- Pet peeves
- Concerts I've been to
- What I'd do if I won the lottery
- Things on my life list
- Things I miss
- Why I love my husband (or should I go the other way with things he does that annoy me? lol)
- Nicknames I've had
- People I'd like to meet
Saturday, March 1, 2008
- March's theme is Lists and I've always been a list maker
- I thought it might be fun
- To liven up my blog-I've kind of been at a loss for topics lately
- To challenge myself
- Because I may just be a tad crazy!
Other nablopomo participants